In response to the coronavirus outbreak in China and all other viruses we provide you some preventive measures;
Transmission of the coronavirus is likely to be similar to that of the flu virus and happens via the respiratory tract. This can occur by directly inhaling infected droplets from coughing, sneezing, talking, or by direct contact with surfaces and especially with the hands on which these droplets end up. The virus can then be transmitted via the hands to the mucous membranes of the mouth, nose and eyes.
- Apply good hand hygiene: wash or disinfect your hands regularly (see annex)
- Apply good cough and sneeze hygiene -> sneeze in a handkerchief and then throw it away (see annex)
- Touch the face, mouth or nose as little as possible with the hands.
- Pay attention to food hygiene (always wash hands before eating)
- Avoid close contact with live and dead animals
- Avoid close contact with people, who cough and sneeze
- It is best not to give a hand or kiss as a greeting at the moment
- Wearing mouth masks currently has no added value at all and is only intended for care workers
who come into contact with infected patients and for infected patients themselves.
- Keep 1,5 meter distance
- Stay at home when you are sick and contact your family doctor by phone
(do NOT go to the doctor or the emergency room yourself)
More information via www.info-coronavirus.be/en/